Saturday 18 June 2016

Mary Berry Puddings Review

Now if you read my blog often you will know I like to if I feel well , bake. To be fair I prefer the decorating side more than the baking but I still enjoy the art. As a child growing up I lived with the best baker, my mum. She could cook anything and made the most yummy cakes and pies you could imagine. Her fave was the wonderful Mary Berry and I can remember watching her on T.V with my mum many years ago.
It is amazing she is still on T.V and doing so well.
So I was very excited to learn that she was bring out some puddings which were ready to eat, what a treat.

What I also thought was very interesting was a wee Q & A session with Mary and I wanted to share that with you also before I go into details about the products


1. What inspired you to create the new range of traditional puddings to share?
British Classic puddings are great for family occasions and I want to share my favourites.

2. Why do you think classic pudding recipes will always be popular?
These are the puddings that people love and remember.

3. Was there a reason that you chose to launch with the Belgian Chocolate Brownie Pudding and Luxury Summer Fruit Pudding.
I love brownies and this was a perfect excuse to make it into a pudding.  Summer is my absolute favourite and there is no reason not to have it all year round.

4. Have you always had a sweet tooth?
Its not about having a sweet tooth, I love to end a meal with something on the sweet side and these puddings are very tempting !

5. You mention that your mother was an inspiration for the new products, what was her favourite dessert and were you inspired to bake because of her?
Mum loved Bread and Butter Pudding and hers was the best.

6. How does creating a ready made dessert recipe differ from creating a recipe for a book?
They are all very similar but I make sure that only the best ingredients are used.

7. You’ve had a very busy start to 2016, are you looking forward to what’s coming up?
I certainly am - more Great British Bake Off, my own programme, another book, life is good!

8. Do you manage to enjoy leisurely meals with your family?
Yes definitely, the more often the better




 This is a little information about the products

Queen of Puddings’ Mary Berry launches new delicious sharing desserts for the family

Serve up a slice of baking legend Mary Berry’s first ever range of desserts1 – based on Mary’s original family recipes featuring the ‘Queen of Puddings’ personal favourites and scrumptious sweet treats that will delight the whole family. The Belgian Chocolate Brownie Pudding comes with a white Belgian chocolate sauce to pour over and the Luxury Summer Fruit Pudding is bursting with juicy fruit and features luxurious layers. The products are designed to get families together around the table and are table presentable - meaning mum could even pass them off as her own! Both traditional puddings will be available from Ocado, Waitrose and Tesco from mid-April.

..Mary Berry says: “One of my favourite childhood memories is sitting around the table and the anticipation of my mother bringing the dessert to the table. These cherished moments inspired the creation of my new pudding range. So whether it’s an indulgent and chocolatey dessert or a light and refreshing summer pudding, there is more than enough to go around.”

The rich Belgian Chocolate Brownie Pudding is lovingly baked and one of Mary’s family favourites. The brownie base includes chunks of Belgian dark chocolate and the pudding is served with a decadent white Belgian chocolate sauce. Best brought to the table piping hot and served with a scoop of ice cream, this indulgent pud is ideal for sharing.




A British classic summertime favourite, Mary has also crafted the Luxury Summer Fruit Pudding. Summer fruit syrup infuses the soft white bread layers which are then covered with copious amounts of summer fruit compote. Packed with juicy blackcurrants, raspberries, blackberries and sweet strawberries, the dessert is best served chilled on a hot summers day on it’s own or with a dollop of cream.



The Mary Berry Belgian Chocolate Brownie Pudding and Mary Berry Luxury Summer Fruit Pudding will be available from Tesco and Ocado from the 18th April and Waitrose from the 27th April and is produced under licence by The Hain Daniels Group

I tried both and I can honestly say they were yummy. Rich and creamy chocolate and yummy fruit layers they were both a delight. So if you need a Mary fix but don't have time to get out her cook book, run our and grab one of these puddings, relax and enjoy.



Please note I was not paid for this review only receiving a sample of the product

No comments :

Post a Comment

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much