Tuesday 7 November 2017

British Stiff Upper Lip

British Stiff Upper Lip now that is a phrase often heard but what does it really mean? Well traditionally is been used to describe British people being resolute and unemotional in the face of adversity. Does that also read that we are boring or carry no emotion? I am of the opinion that it does not mean that at all. I think I am emotional I am caring and kind as much as  I can be. However I am also guilty of pretending I can manage when deep down I am drowning . My favourite saying is ' I am fine don't worry' but really I mean help me please. So maybe I do suffer that 'Stiff Upper Lip' after all.

I think its great to be strong and stand up for what you think is right but not to say ' I am ok' when you are not. Seek help if you need and don't be too proud to as for it . I am going to work on that idea what wonder what you think about ' British stiff upper lip'?


No comments :

Post a Comment

I am always delighted when people take time to leave me a comment...thanks so much